Graduation Degree Semester Plan
Graduates need to have at least 45% passing marks for the open category, 42% for obc category, and 40% for SC category.
Study at GHRU for a successful future & drive your career in the right direction with our LLB programs
LLB Course offers a wide range of subjects to study and specialize in. Jobs like lawyers, Lecturers, law associates, Junior lawyers, legal advisors, private practice advocates etc., are offered to LLB Graduates.
LLB graduates aspiring to study more in law can study LLM 1 year or LLM 2-year courses.
LLB is a booming field that offers excellent job opportunities. Students who wish to build a career in law can become Lecturers, Law Officers, Legal Associates, Junior Lawyers, Legal Analysts, Legal Experts, Judges, Start their practice, Legal Adviser or pursue higher studies in this field.
- Lecturer: Lecturers put together and teach Law subjects in college or University. They teach students about the Indian legal and judicial system.
- Law Officer: A Law Officer regulates all the legal dealings and aspects of an organization. Their main job is to solve the legal problems of clients and their company.
- Legal Associate: A legal associate must communicate directly with clients and understand their worries and complaints. They are to formulate the plans legally.
- Junior Lawyer: Recently graduated law students are called Junior Lawyers. They work under senior advocates or big firms and assist in legal matters.
- Legal Expert Adviser: Legal Advisers must understand, research and explain complicated legal terms to clients and companies. They are expected to provide legal advice. Their job is to draft, negotiate and give counsel to clients regarding legal matters.
- Corporate: Lawyers skilled in commercial law counsel client companies on trade, legal matters, and dealings and contracts.
- Litigator: Litigators are trial lawyers who manage all segments of litigation from discovery, pleadings, investigations etc. They handle the trial, settlement, pre-trial, appeal processes before a high court or a district court. With a good amount of experience, Litigators can apply to become civil court or high court judges.
- Private Practice: Lawyers wishing to make their firm can start with establishing their practice.
- Advocate: Legal representative or a client, company, organization or firm is an advocate. Their job is to solve any legal problem their client's faces and resolve them with their legal expertise.
- Legal Counsel: A company's counsel helps the company understand different terms and conditions and legal necessities. It also helps them avoid fraud, legal issues.
- Paralegal: A paralegal is a law graduate that works in a law firm. They assist in documenting, filing, interviewing clients, copywriting etc.
- Government Lawyer: A Government Lawyer assists in central government and state's legal affairs.Jobs like formulating, researching, drafting documents, studying legalities and making sure all the legal procedures are carefully done are in a government lawyers job profile. With rich experience and after qualifying entrance examinations, one can get a job as a Government Attorney or a Public Prosecutor etc.
- Magistrate: Cases and concerns of a local court are handled by a Magistrate. A magistrate works to resolve local as well as regional issues that are introduced in the lower court.
- Notary: Proofreading and verifying legal documents as well as agreements is the job of a Notary.