“Guest Lecture by Shri Amol Pusadkar”
Training and Placement Department, School of Engineering and Technology at G. H. Raisoni University organized a Guest Lecture for B. Tech. and Diploma in Engineering students by Shri. Amol Pusadkar sir (Manager, Special Process, Generic Department, TAL Manufacturing Solutions Ltd.)
20th September 2019 :
- The main aim behind arranging this guest lecture was to provide students knowledge about the topic ‘Introduction to 5s and Kaizen’ and its utility in their career and industry as a whole.
- Shri. Amol Pusadkar was felicitated by Dr. Sachin Karale, Dean, School of Engineering and Technology by presenting him with a memento as a token of love and respect.
- A brief introduction about the guest speaker was given by Student from Second year.
- Shri. Amol Pusadkar sir did B.E. Mechanical and had worked with reputed companies like Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd., Saint Gobain Abrasives and KEC International Ltd. to name a few. Presently sir is working at TAL Manufacturing Solutions Ltd., as a Manager, Special Process, Generic Department. Sir has more than 23 years of rich Industrial experience and has expertise in 5s, Kaizen, TPM and implementing these principles in Industry and Organizations.
- Amol sir focused his views on 5S which he described as a workplace organization method that uses a list of five Japanese words: seiri, seiton, seisō, seiketsu and shitsuke. These have been translated as "Sort", "Set In order", "Shine", "Standardize" and "Sustain" in simple explanation by quoting unorthodox examples by him. He described how to organize a work space for efficiency and effectiveness by identifying and storing the items used, maintaining the area and items, and sustaining the new order. The decision-making process usually comes from a dialogue about standardization, which builds understanding among employees of how they should do the work. All this then leads to team building and team work.
- Sir then told about Kaizen which is the Sino-Japanese word for “improvement”. In business, Kaizen refers to activities that continuously improve all functions and involve all employees from the CEO to the assembly line workers.
- He also gave recommendations to overcome the challenges that will require an assessment and resolution of relevant technical, economic, and institutional issues. This, in turn, requires a long- term vision and systematic planning and policy development in a transparent and inclusive manner.
- At least 75 students of School of Engineering and Technology took advantage of the session.
- A formal vote of thanks was given at the end of lecture by student from Second year.
- Shri. Amol Pusadkar shared core and descriptive knowledge on 5s and Kaizen used in industry to the students with relevant examples. Prof. Vishal Kshirsagar took efforts in the smooth conduction of the Guest Lecture. The whole coordination and idea behind arranging the guest lecture was that of Prof. Ajay Mahawadiwar under the guidance of Dr. Sachin Karale, Dean, School of Engineering & Technology, G. H. Raisoni University, Saikheda.