Department of Mining Engineering of G H Raisoni University organizes Industrial Visit to Sai Stone Crusher Pvt. Ltd., Saikheda for III Semester students.
Department of Mining Engineering under School of Engineering and Technology of G H Raisoni University has organized a one day industrial visit to Sai Stone Crusher Pvt. Ltd., Saikheda for the students of second year.
- The main aim behind arranging this industrial visit was to provide students a glimpse of the various manufacturing processes adopted in Stone Crushing Unit with Small Pit Mining.
- Sai Stone Crusher has vast experience in producing crushed stone of various sizes depending upon the requirement which acts as raw material for various construction activities such as construction of Roads, Highways, Bridges, Buildings, Canals etc.
- In Sai Stone Crusher Mechanical/Gravity feeding, single jaw with vibratory type screens with belt conveyors is in use. In these type of crushers, the mined raw stones are transported to site by trailers/trucks and are unloaded in an elevated stone well. The stones are retrieved from the stone well through a chute at the bottom side end and the stones are fed by gravity in to the primary jaw crusher. The crushed stones are conveyed to rotary/vibratory type screens by belt conveyor. The oversize from the screen is returned either to the stone well or directly in to the crusher for further size reduction. These type of crusher generally have production capacity in the range of 15-25 TPH.
- Sai Stone Crusher Pvt. Ltd. has their own open-cast mines in close vicinity to the crusher site. The mining is done by drilling holes in the rock strata and blasting it generally once in a day. The drilling is done mostly manually or by mechanical means. The blasted rock boulders are at times manually broken to about 10 to 20 inch size so as to suit and are manually the primary jaw crusher, loaded in to trailers or trucks. Mechanical Loaders are also used for retrieving mined stones and loading in the vehicles.
- The industry is lead by a team of qualified managerial & technical professionals. The coordinator Mr. Venkatrathnam Manuboti encouraged and appreciated them for efforts taken by students to study the whole process.
- Prof. Rakesh Kamdi, Prof. Shahayajali Sayyed and Prof. Pooja Lonare assisted the students in the visit for explaining the various concepts of mining and arranged all the transport facilities to make it successful under the guidance of Head of department Prof. Ajay Mahawadiwar.